Opportunities at New Memphis
Director of Launch: Campus to Career
New Memphis is a not-for-profit organization committed to attracting, developing, activating and retaining talent in order to forge a prosperous and vital new Memphis.
Position Summary: The Director of Launch: Campus to Career is a new position charged with setting strategy, stewarding relationships, and managing overall program delivery for Launch: Campus to Career. Launch supports local employers that are hosting interns, offers year-round programming for college students and recent college graduates, and connects these groups through events and an online internship portal. This position reports to the Vice President of Communications and Strategic Initiatives.
- Develop and manage relationships with local employers, consulting with those organizations to support their growth or initial development of internship programs, and listing those opportunities on the Launch portal. A primary aim of Launch: Campus to Career is to increase the number of, and access, to local internships
- Lead relationships with programmatic strategic partners, including professional associations, regional chambers of commerce, and higher education institutions
- Work with staff and site vendor to maintain and populate the online portal, ensuring the site is dynamic, user-friendly, and valuable to both employer and student users
- Enter and maintain accurate and complete records in Salesforce, including up-to-date listings of all regional employers offering internships
- Direct the communication and marketing strategies of the Launch program, with a focus on the online Launch portal to drive increased utilization among employers and candidates
- Supervise the Collegiate Engagement Specialist, working collaboratively to develop strategy and process for all Launch events and other engagement with college students.
- Cultivate Launch donors, with the support of fundraising team and CEO
- Create and implement a comprehensive evaluation structure for Launch, and use findings to update program metrics and program strategy
- Collaborate with other New Memphis staff who regularly communicate with HR teams at local companies
- Be a New Memphis ambassador, representing the organization at community events
- Other duties as assigned
Key Competencies and Experiences include:
- Able to make decisions and act independently
- Possess a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Operate with a customer-focused mindset to manage expectations and effectiveness in partner relationships
- Experience directing others, including clearly communicating, distributing workload, and establishing objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 7 years of professional experience that includes talent acquisition, customer relations, member services, business development or similar.
This is a full-time position that will require some evening, weekends and extended hours. Excellent benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance; generous retirement contribution plan. We are looking to fill this position immediately. Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter by August 3 to info [at] newmemphis [dot] org. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
New Memphis Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.