Job alert! Memphis College of Art is Hiring!
Memphis College of Art
Memphis College of Art (MCA) is seeking a qualified professional to serve as the organization’s Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer. At the direction of the President and Board of Trustees, the CFO will be responsible for the management of all aspects of MCA’s finances, as well as various aspects of MCA’s operations.
Reporting to and under the direction of the President of MCA and its Board of Trustees, the CFO will oversee all accounting, financial reporting and treasury functions. The CFO has primary responsibility for the preparation/management of MCA’s books and records and the preparation of the monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and tax reporting. The CFO works with senior management personnel to develop an annual financial budget prior to the commencement of MCA’s fiscal year and to have that budget approved by the MCA Board of Trustees.
The CFO works closely with the Board’s Finance Committee to ensure the Committee members are fully aligned with the budgeting process and assumptions inherent in the budget and to obtain the Finance Committee’s approval of such. The CFO will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined financial systems and be responsible for the development and submission of all financial reports and tax reporting required by federal, state or accrediting body regulations.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure accurate and timely accounting and financial reports, including the preparation of the monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the MCA Board of Trustees and its Finance Committee, in such detail as determined by the President and the Finance Committee.
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for the operation of MCA, Including the financial administration of existing programs and proposed new programs.
- Oversee all treasury responsibilities – cash accounts and management, debt financing, and interface with lending institutions.
- Oversee all tax reporting and compliance, including working with MCA’s accounting firm to prepare annual Form 990.
- Review MCA’s financial performance versus plan and prior year to identify variances and trends requiring attention. Be prepared to discuss financial performance versus expectation and escalate significant matters to the President for resolution.
- Hire and oversee the accounting and financial personnel necessary for the efficient and sound management of MCA’s Business Office (finance and accounting department).
- Coordinate all audit activities, including being MCA’s primary interface with external auditors.
- Oversee and manage director level employees in the following areas of operations: Facilities and HR; as well as serve as the internal point person for the IT outsource firm with whom MCA is contracted to ensure MCA’s IT needs are being addressed.
- Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the President and/or Board of Trustees.
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a senior financial management role; Higher Education experience is not required, but will provide an advantage
- CPA designation required
- Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
All interested candidates, please send resumes to Laura Hine, President at email@example.com.