Job Opp! Digital Content Coordinator for the City
The City of Memphis is searching for a Digital Content Coordinator – Executive/Communications.
- Works under the direction of the assigned manager to create, design, coordinate, and generate digital-related content for the City of Memphis social media platforms as well as the City’s website.
- Updates and maintains editorial content that showcase various divisions, city-sponsored events, projects, and other news related material.
- Implements the City’s digital content strategy.
- Develops editorial directions and makes editorial decisions in conjunction with management.
- Works with various staff members to develop and maintain a social medial web presence for digital content.
- Organizes digital resources for media campaigns and presenting their progress and initiatives to management.
- Works closely with the Information Systems as well as with other division’s technical services staff in developing and maintaining digital content material.
- Generates digital media that increases brand loyalty and collaborate with other professionals.
- Develops and implements online digital content materials.
- Captures, monitors, and tracks public traffic, comments, and interests around the City’s digital content platforms.
- Improves search engine optimization and general discovery of content by target groups.
- Analyzes and reports on web traffic, analytics, and engagement.
- Promotes collaboration with community partners and serves as the representative for website joint projects.
- Ensures digital content material is in compliance with copyright and data protection laws.
- Attends and participates in various community meetings and other forums by driving to meetings throughout the city.
- Assists management in developing and executing the editorial calendar for the City by coordinating with the divisions.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a closely related field and five (5) years’ experience in journalism, public relations with three (3) out of the five (5) years in marketing and advertising with specific experience in social media marketing; or any combination of experience and training which enables one to perform the essential job functions. Must have working experience using HTML and metrics. Must have working experience in all major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Must have working experience using software programs including Microsoft Office, desktop publishing, and graphics software. Must possess and maintain a valid driver license as a condition of continued employment.
The City Charter requires that City Employees must establish residence within Shelby County within six (6) months from date of Employment. Proof of residence will be required at the time of hire.
Sound like your next chapter? Click here to start your application.