Now more than ever, Memphis needs talent. Our businesses need talent to thrive, our government needs talent to solve problems, our schools need talent to educate our youth, our communities need talent to innovate and work for a better future. We are forging a more prosperous and vital new Memphis by developing, activating and retaining talent.
We are actively accepting applications on our website for the following upcoming program classes: Accelerate I Stride I Embark I Fellows I LDI
Why this work important.
New Memphis invests in the most important resource our city has: its people. People are what power great organizations and successful cities. As our community pursues economic development, a talented and growing workforce is the most important resource to attract and grow businesses in Memphis. We know the work of improving our city and ourselves is never finished.
How do we do it.
We deliver on our mission by infusing our city with leaders who are passionate about positive community change and have the skills needed to take action. From the experienced executive to the college student, New Memphis provides a continuum of leadership development and community engagement opportunities that impact participants. We work to inspire and develop a pipeline of civically responsible leaders to help Memphis live into its full potential.
We aspire to more than just population and economic growth in Memphis, but growth that builds the diversity of our people, increases opportunity, and extends across every zip code.
Download & view the 2020 New Memphis Impact Report HERE
New Memphis is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment at all events and program classes, and thus follow all recommendations from health officials. Building relationships is foundational to our work, and we know that this is often best done when people are meeting together in-person, where spontaneous interactions happen and trusting friendships can be forged. Because of this, our staff has worked hard to bring most programs and events safely back to in-person experiences. While each event and program opportunity is unique, the below policies are applied to each event and New Memphis class. If you have any questions, please contact info [at] newmemphis [dot] org.
- We strongly encourage all New Memphis program participants, event attendees, staff and facilitators to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Masks are currently required for indoor program classes and events (aside from specific times when participants are eating or drinking). Masks will be required until October 1, at which time the New Memphis staff will reevaluate based on health officials’ recommendations.
- While masks will be required indoors, masks are optional for outdoor program events and gatherings (and mask wearing is strongly recommended for those who are not vaccinated).
- Social distancing will be practiced and participant wellness protocols will be in effect.
- New Memphis always follows any venue-specific rules when program participants are visiting off-site locations and will alert attendees in advance of those rules.