New Memphis Educators of Excellence Award
Educators of Excellence Award: Celebrating transformational leaders in our schools
New Memphis knows that great leadership is needed in every corner of our community -- from the board room to the classroom. Educators are essential leaders in our community as your impact and investment is critical to our city’s future success. At New Memphis, we believe it is paramount to recognize the contribution of our best educators, to learn from your experiences, and to support you in your growth. Your work is transformational to students, fellow educators and Memphis as a whole.
To recognize and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional educators, the New Memphis Educators of Excellence Awards were launched in 2018. The whole city needs to hear your stories – why you are driven to teach, the sacrifices you make to be excellent for our kids, and how you approach your classrooms and schools with innovative, resilient spirits. We believe that appreciating great teachers helps Memphis retain great educators for our classrooms.
For more coverage of our 2018 award recipients, please see below:
- Chalkbeat feature's why one Memphis educator had to keep teaching
- WMC Action News 5 showcases the New Memphis Educators of Excellence honorees
- Chalkbeat explains how James Johnson is making science accessible
- The Daily Memphian announces our Educators of Excellence
- The Daily Memphian covers the importance of instructional coaches as a resource to teachers
- The Daily Memphian explains how school leader, Jeffrey Veale, Jr. "runs toward the roar"
- WMC Action News 5 showcases our honorees in their "5 Great Things" segment
- The Daily Memphian explains how education doesn't have to be do by the book
- The Daily Memphian shows how one teacher can wear many hats, from reader to scientist
- The Daily Memphian explores how students need to "see it to be able to dream it"