New Memphis Educator Award
New Memphis Educator Award: Celebrating transformational leaders in our schools
New Memphis knows that great leadership is needed in every corner of our community -- from the board room to the classroom. To recognize and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional educators who have been through New Memphis' programs, we are launching the first-ever New Memphis Educator Award. This award is meant to highlight distinguished educators that are alumni or program participants of New Memphis (see full criteria below).
Want to nominate a teacher? Complete this form.
Ready to apply? Complete this form by August 17, 2018 at 5pm.
To be eligible for consideration for this award, please note the following:
- You must be an alumni of or accepted to the Embark, Fellows or Leadership Development Intensive (LDI) programs as August 1, 2018. If you are not, you may apply to our programs no later than Friday, July 15th via our website.
- New Memphis will award five (5) cash prize awards of $1,500 to each educator honored.
- This award is open to New Memphis alumni teachers of all disciplines, school administrators, instructional staff such as instructional coaches and facilitators, and network level staff.
- You must complete the 2018 New Memphis Teaching Award application by the deadline – August 17th, 2018 at 5pm. All applicants will be notified of the award recipients in September 2018.
- The application requires a copy of your most recent resume, completion of two brief essay questions, and the contact information for three people to serve as your recommenders for the award. Please note, as least one recommender must be a school administrator from the school you worked at most recently. If you are an administrator, instructional staff such as instructional coaches and facilitators or network level staff at least one recommendation must come from your most recent supervisor. If advanced past first review, New Memphis will contact your recommenders in August 2018.
- New Memphis will also request Evidence of Outstanding Academic Impact from candidates. Evidence can include, but is not limited to TVVAS data, NWEA -MAP data, STEP data or TNReady data. We recognize that not every academic discipline has the same type of student data so please use your discretion. Candidates must be prepared to provide data previously verified by your school administration and/or district leadership upon request to the selection committee.
- Award recipients must be willing to be interviewed by media publications and recognized in person at a New Memphis “Celebrate What’s Right” luncheon in fall 2018 (date TBD).
Questions? Contact info [at] newmemphis [dot] org.