Celebrate Your City... With Some Social Distance!
As COVID-19 continues to keep Memphis (and the world!) on our toes, we wanted to compile a list of ways to #CelebrateYourCity from a distance.
If you know of things we're missing, please shoot us an email at info [at] newmemphis [dot] org. As a local non-profit, if you like what we're doing and the services we're providing, please consider making a donation to New Memphis. Concerned you might have COVID-19? Here is how to get a free test in Memphis.
- Mid-South COVID-19 Regional Response fund (The Community Foundation of Greater Memphis has launched to provide both immediate resources for triage and recovery resources to ensure community resilience.)
- SCS COVID-19 fund.
- Mid-South Food Bank (preparing emergency food boxes for households facing tough circumstances due to the virus).
- Music Export Memphis has a relief fund for musicians
- 275 Food Project has a good neighbor box to help support a neighbor who may be food insecure
- Urban Art Commission is offering project grants for artists
- Arts Memphis has an artist emergency fund
- TN Action for Hospitality (ask elected officials to support our hospitality industries during closures)
- With many blood drives canceled, the Tennessee Department of Health is encouraging all healthy individuals to consider dating blood. You can call this toll free number 877-258-4825 to locate a Vitalant - Tennessee center near you or visit Vitalant.org/Locations.
- Dixie Pickers and Grind City Designs partnered to create a variety of t-shirts that provide 24 meals for the Mid-South Food Bank with every purchase.
- Sweet Cheeks Diaper Ministry COVID-19 diaper relief fund.
- Volunteer Odyssey has compiled a list of highest need opportunities
- The United Way of the Mid-South has a relief fund going to that provide meals, utilities/rent assistance, assistance to those who have been laid off, and help to the homeless.
- Church Health has safe opportunities for volunteers to assist with COVID-19 testing. Apply here.
ARTS & CULTURE:
- Running Pony's "That's a Win" web series.
- Memphis Current issue 6 is available for purchase.
- Orpheum Theatre Group is offering virtual engagement opportunities.
- Theatre Memphis "Choose Your Adventure" educational resource.
- Crosstown Arts launches Against The Grain to help local artists. Learn more here.
- As Memphis Symphony Orchestra announced the cancellation of the remainder of the 2019-2020 season, there are other ways to help local musicians. MSO will continue paying musicians through this crises, made possible by donations.
- Virtual Chalkfest hosted by The Brooks Museum
- Even though 30 Days of Digital Opera is over, Opera Memphis is still turning our performances on their Facebook page!
- Culturalyst Livestreamed Concert Series (Fridays at 7:30 p.m.) with The CLTV
- At-Home Jookin Lessons (anytime!) with New Ballet
- Watch recorded gallery talks and explore exhibits at The Metal Museum.
- How to love the arts during COVID-19 via Memphis Magazine
- Memphis Botanic Gardens' outdoor gardens are currently open (with the exception of the Children’s Garden) to the public without cost, effective Friday, March 20 and until further notice.
- List of restaurants offering curbside or take-out
- How to support local breweries
- How dine while social distancing via Choose 901
- The Memphis Zoo offering ‘Virtual Wild Encounters’ via social media and live animal cams. The Zoo is now open, but bring your face covering!
OUTDOORS/MOVE YOUR BODY:
- Memphis Animal Services is offering $20 adoptions for a "social quarantine buddy"
- Virtual Zumba Class (Register here)
- KROC Center of Memphis Virtual classes
- Downtown Memphis moved their yoga in the park online!
- The Greater Memphis Chamber continues to be a vital resource to our community spotlighting resources including their resources for reopening the city here (phase 1), here (phase 2), and here (preparing workplaces for reopening).
- Epicenter's list of resources for entrepreneurs
- Artists Resources via 3rd Space
- Facebook Business Resource Hub
- I Love Memphis Blog's List of Resources
- University of Memphis student academic services.
- JOYMAKER 2020 Summit. Register here.