Job Alert! DeafConnect is hiring!
DeafConnect of the Mid-South, the local organization serving people who are deaf and hard of hearing, is searching for its next leader. The organization is undergoing a turnaround, and the new CEO will build a team and continue much-needed local services and programs for deaf and hard-of-hearing people and their families.
DeafConnect is searching for a CEO who has strong leadership skills, the ability to develop and implement a strategic vision, development experience, policy and legislative advocacy experience and the ability to communicate in American Sign Language or a willingness to learn the language. Anyone interested in the position should send a letter of interest and a resume by July 19 to Careers [at] DeafConnect [dot] org.
Job Description – Chief Executive Officer
DeafConnect of the Mid-South Inc. is a not-for-profit agency providing a variety of services for the Deaf, Deaf/blind, and Hard-of-Hearing community in Memphis, Tennessee, and the greater metropolitan area.
A dedicated and committed board of directors is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to continue the strategic direction of the agency that provides interpreting, advocacy, education, training and awareness of the Deaf, Deafblind, and Hard-of-Hearing community. The CEO is responsible for ensuring excellence in program delivery and operations, building community awareness/support, effective fiscal management, and fundraising.
The following functions describe the essential duties of this role. Other additional related duties may be assigned from time to time.
Staff Development and Management
- Maintain a culture of excellence where each team member is respected and valued
- Ensure implementation of performance management and staff development processes
- Ensure organization adherence to professional certification and licensure of appropriate staff and freelance contractors
- Supervise direct reports
- Ensure proper administration of human resources related policies and procedures
- Oversee the development of job descriptions and hiring of staff
Fundraising, Marketing and Community Outreach
- Serve as primary community ambassador for DeafConnect
- Develop and implement outreach activities to raise awareness of DeafConnect services and programs among the target population
- Manage brand and increase public awareness/support by ensuring implementation of effective general public relations and marketing tactics and approaches (social media, media outreach, website, collateral materials, public fairs, speaking engagements)
- Research, develop and prepare grant proposals and other funding applications
- Work as a team with the board of directors to raise funds for DeafConnect