Job Alert! Ballet Memphis is hiring!
Ballet Memphis, a 32 year old professional ballet company, is a creative local and national resource as a maker and interpreter of Southern cultural legacy through dance, production and training. We actively seek to create, present, and teach ballet in a way that celebrates the human spirit. We have built a Company that is reflective of the people we serve – beautifully diverse in mind, body, and soul - and built it with people who understand we do what we do in the service of others. Ballet Memphis encompasses the Company, the School, Education and Community Enrichment and the Pilates Center; it also tours nationally. We integrate all of our programs, communicating internally and externally in ways that build and promote our culture and core values providing meaningful experiences to all our participants.
Position: Director of Finance & Administration
This position provides leadership to financial management and strategy in a way that builds credibility, trust, and transparency with internal and external stakeholders and ensures financial sustainability. In addition, this position will oversee other administrative functions such as Information Technology & Systems, Human Resources, and vendor management. This position directly assists and communicates with the Executive Team and Board of Directors on all strategic and tactical matters related to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting and providing support for earned and fundraising revenue streams.
The position reports to the CEO/Founding Artistic Director and serves as a member of the Executive Team.
- Provide financial strategic vision and leadership to the entire organization and lead financial alignment and integration across all departments
- Develop budgets and forecasts to align organization’s financial activities with annual and strategic plans
- Manage balanced budget through consistent oversight and prudent decisions
- Collaborate with the Executive Team and Board of Directors to set and direct organizational vision and strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships and effective communication with the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Work directly with the Finance and Investment Committees of the Board of Directors
- Participate in organization-wide problem solving and decision making
Forecasting & Planning
- Develop models for forecasting, business planning, pricing, and reporting
- Create tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Executive Team and make actionable recommendations on strategy
- Lead the annual budgeting process and manage the timely development of the annual budget
- Provide actionable analysis for financial performance, trends and long-term forecasts
- Strategize ongoing improvements for fiscal efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead the development of sustainable resources to ensure the long term financial stability
- Oversee all investment activity
Cash Flow & Financial Position
- Monitor banking activities of the organization and ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs
- Review monthly financial position and makes strategic recommendations to ensure financial stability
- Oversee the production of monthly reports including any reconciliations with funders as well as financial statements and cash flow projections
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the organization’s long term strategy
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Develop and oversee risk management systems and disaster recovery plans
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent accountants and auditors ensuring all audit issues are resolved and proper filing of taxes
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions and that all regulatory documents are filed timely
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit, financial best practices, and all state and federal laws regarding financial management of nonprofit organizations
- Manage the vendor, purchase and procurement processes
- Manage Information Technology/Systems function
- Manage HR function including overseeing compliance and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Finance/Accounting preferred
- 5+ years’ experience at senior accountant/CFO level required at organization with $2M+ budget
- Proficiency with accounting/finance/database software required. Experience with Sage preferred, knowledge of Theatre Manager a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
This is a salaried full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience. Please send cover letter and resume to athompson [at] balletmemphis [dot] org.