Job Alert! Data Facts is hiring a Staff Accountant
Data Facts, Inc - a 29 year old Consumer Reporting Company has an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant in Memphis.
The Staff Accountant works on an individual and team basis and supports the financial management function of the organization by performing all duties assigned with a goal of achieving accuracy, quality, consistency and timely outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities: To include but not limited to:
- Performs complex journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Examines and reconciles bank statements with general ledger entries.
- Reconciles large vendor billing and proper coding in Acumatica.
- Monthly review of General Ledge for proper coding.
- Performs Accounts Payable
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching and resolving account discrepancies.
- Prepares ad hoc reports for administration.
- Assists in analyzing financial statements for areas of profit improvement.
- Assists with period close.
- Examines expenses submitted by employees and processes payment.
- Prepares payroll related analyses, reconciliations and journal entries.
- Monitors capital equipment inventories including reconciliation and tagging/tracking physical assets
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance.
EXPERIENCE: 4 years of related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices, excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills.
- The use of Microsoft Office Products is required - Office 365 a plus.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Accounting software. We use Acumatica; although, have some use for QuickBooks.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Demonstration of analytical and interpretive skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Driven to exceed expectations
- Excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis and discretion.
- Ability to handle work related stress, multiple priorities simultaneously and to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain strictest level of confidentiality.
SEND RESUMES TO: Daphne Large, CEO at DaphneL [at] datafacts [dot] com