Job Alert! Memphis Medical District Collaborative (MMDC) is hiring a Program Manager
The Memphis Medical District Collaborative (MMDC) is hiring a qualified Program Manager. Established in early 2016, MMDC is a not-for-profit, community development organization committed to strengthening the communities between and around the eight major anchor institutions in the Memphis Medical District. MMDC seeks applicants who have a proven record of working in community and economic development.
The ideal candidate will be an urbanist with a deep understanding of community and economic
development strategies. They will be committed to the regeneration of urban neighborhoods and
to working closely with our network of medical and educational anchor institutions, advisers, local
businesses and community leaders. The candidate must be an energetic, self-starter, who is well
organized, and capable of functioning in a very independent situation.
Additionally, the candidate must have:
• Previous work experience in economic development, business development, workforce
development and/or experience or familiarity with university, hospital, or corporate supply
• Interest in leveraging corporate demand to build wealth in low-income communities.
• Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills. Previous experience facilitating large
groups or managing discrete partners is a plus.
• Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• A master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of three years’ professional experience
OR a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years’ work experience.
Learn more about the position here.