Job Alert! Memphis Scholars is hiring for a Director of Operations and Finance
Memphis Scholars is seeking passionate, hardworking, data-driven team members. Our staff members believe all students should be held to high academic standards. Memphis Scholars is focused on improving educational equity with a direct focus on turning around low-performing schools. Our network prides itself on a student-centered culture with 100% mission and core values alignment, dedication to high standards for all students, and the drive for taking on the hardest work and achieving breakthrough results. We lead two elementary schools and one middle school in Memphis.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates whose resumes demonstrate appropriate experience in operations and finance will be invited to complete a full application.
POSITION SUMMARY: Supports Executive Director in strategic leadership and strategic management of all financial and operational aspects of Memphis Scholars Network.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to develop annual budget.
- Serve as point person for collaborating with finance vendor.
- Complete all submissions to the ASD Federal Programs team in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure policies and procedures laid out in Memphis Scholars Finance handbook are followed without exception as they relate to accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing.
- Work with school level Directors of Operations to ensure school facilities, technology, and transportation support high levels of achievement for students.
- Liaise with HRO provider to ensure exemplary service for staff.
- Conduct regular review of operations vendor effectiveness.
- Facilitate RFP process when new vendors are needed.
- Oversee execution of network-wide enrollment policies
- Ensure compliance and ongoing reporting responsibilities are completed accurately and timely.
- Manage and maintain relationships with operations vendors to drive towards quality, value, and cost-efficiency
- Establish strategic partnerships with outside organizations to increase positive academic and social outcomes for students