New Memphis is currently hiring for a Development Lead position.
Title: Development Lead
Position Summary: Reporting to the President & CEO, the Development Lead is responsible for setting the development strategy and the fundraising goals in conjunction with the President & CEO. The Development Lead will ensure the organization’s fundraising goals are met, pitch donors and prospects, direct appeals by other staff members and Trustees, supervise the development team to ensure successful oversight, implementation, and growth of fund development for New Memphis as well as ensuring donor stewardship.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing strategies to secure donors and contributions in support of the organization •
- Developing actionable strategies for meeting and exceeding fundraising goals through grants, corporate sponsorships, gifts, donations and events
- Identifying new pipelines that are potentially lucrative revenue streams for expansion of the organization’s fundraising efforts
- Soliciting donations from large corporate and large individual donors
- Representing New Memphis, its programs, vision and impact, in meetings with funders and stakeholders
- Providing oversight of the fund development team
- Monitoring development activities
- Managing donor relationships
- Establishing a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract new donors and retain existing donors
- Maintaining accountability and ensure compliance with all regulations and laws, as well as the code of ethics for fundraising professionals
- Ensuring fund development is executed in keeping with the New Memphis mission and vision
- Planning and leading annual giving campaigns (Creating compelling, donor-centered direct mail, social media, newsletters and other communications in conjunction with the Communication team)
Learn more about the position requirements here.
Interested parties should submit a cover letter and resume to info [at] newmemphis [dot] org by September 26, 2019. No phone calls or emails please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
New Memphis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.