Educators of Excellence
Educators of Excellence Award: Celebrating transformational leaders in our schools
New Memphis knows that great leadership is needed in every corner of our community -- from the board room to the classroom. Educators are essential leaders in our community as your impact and investment is critical to our city’s future success. At New Memphis, we believe it is paramount to recognize the contribution of our best educators, to learn from your experiences, and to support you in your growth. Your work is transformational to students, fellow educators and Memphis as a whole.
To recognize and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional educators, the New Memphis Educators of Excellence Awards were launched in 2018.
Applications and nominations for the award are open May-June annually.
2019 Educators of Excellence are below. To learn more about what makes these teachers so exceptional here.
- Regina DeLoach, Westhaven Elementary School
- Alyssa Nucaro, Wooddale Middle School
- Crystal Harris, The St. Jude School Program by Chili's
- CJ Harris, Promise Academy Spring Hill
- Daniel Warner, East High School
For more coverage of our 2019 award recipients, please see below:
- Daily Memphian, Tipping Point: Alyssa Nucaro, Wooddale Middle teacher named a New Memphis Educator of Excellence
- Daily Memphian, Tipping Point: Regina DeLoach, a New Memphis Educator of Excellence
- Daily Memphian, Tipping Point: Daniel Warner, East High history teacher among Educators of Excellence
- Daily Memphian, Tipping Point: CJ Harris, Winner of Excellence award calls teaching a ‘24/7 job’
- Daily Memphian, Tipping Point: Crystal Harris, An Educator of Excellence who works in a hospital
- Rhodes College Highlights Alumnus
- Rhodes College, Middle School Teacher Alyssa Nucaro ’11 Honored with Educator of Excellence Award
- Rhodes College, “The Rhodes Taken” newsletter
- Chalkbeat, How I Teach, Regina DeLoach, “Perfecting her craft: Why this Memphis educator couldn’t teach without support from her mom and former teachers”
- Chalkbeat, How I Teach, Curley Harris, “Why Creating and Oasis in his Classroom is Important to this Memphis Teacher”