2020 Educators of Excellence
Educators of Excellence Award: Celebrating transformational leaders in our schools
New Memphis knows that great leadership is needed in every corner of our community -- from the board room to the classroom. Educators are essential leaders in our community as their impact and investment is critical to our city’s future success. At New Memphis, we believe it’s paramount to recognize the contribution of our best educators, to learn from their experiences, and to support them in their growth. Their work is transformational to students, fellow educators and Memphis as a whole.
2020 was a change for us all, but educators across the city stepped up and showed out for their students. To acknowledge and celebrate the outstanding work of exceptional educators for the third year in a row, we're thrilled to announce the recipients of the 2020 Educators of Excellence Award! To learn more about each awardee, click their name below.
- Omolola Ajayi, 5th grade ELA/Social Studies; K-6 ELA Content Lead at S.T.A.R. Academy Charter School
- Anna Grace Weir, Supervising Teacher of the Reggio Emilia Inspired 2's and 3's mixed age group classroom at The University of Memphis Early Learning and Research Center
- Derek King, Vice Principal at Southwind High School
- Christine Shultz, 8th grade special education teacher at Freedom Preparatory Academy Charter Middle School-Flagship Campus
- Elizabeth Warner, 10th grade English teacher at Whitehaven High School
To learn more about our educators, watch a brief video here.