Celebrate What's Right -
Out of an abundance of caution, New Memphis has made the difficult decision to postpone the upcoming Celebrate What's Right: Health Equity originally scheduled for March 24th to the updated date of August 4th.
Thank you for your understanding, and we look forward to engaging with you on this important topic then!
New Memphis’ Celebrate What’s Right luncheon series, generously sponsored by the First Horizon Foundation, shines a light on progress and success in our community, including how Memphis is creating a strong identity as a city where people want to live and work.
Join us for lunch on August 4th to discuss Health Equity.
Health equity means that everyone has a fair and just opportunity to be healthy. This requires removing obstacles to health such as poverty, discrimination, and their consequences, including powerlessness and lack of access to good jobs with fair pay, quality education and housing, safe environments, and health care. Creating a healthy community for all requires collectively building on our capacity to improve the trajectory of our overall health. During the panel discussion, we'll discuss the importance of health equity, the building blocks and key players in raising our overall level of community health, and how we can work together to ensure Memphis is successful in our efforts.
- Kendra Hotz (moderator): Associate Professor of Religious Studies, Robert R. Waller Chair of Population Health and Director of the Rhodes College Health Equity Program
- Jenny Bartlett-Prescott: Chief Operating Officer, Church Health
- Sandra Madubuonwu: Director, Maternal Child, LeBonheur Children’s Hospital
- Alisa Haushalter: NP, RN, Associate Professor of Advance Practice and Doctoral Studies at UTHSC and Director, Shelby County Health Department
- Lilian Ogari: Program Chair of Biomedical Sciences/Associate Professor, Baptist College of Health Sciences and co-writer of Seeing is Believing: Patterns of Life Expectancy, Poverty, Equity & Health in Shelby County TN
- Cathy Pope: President & CEO of Mid- South Food Bank
Celebrate What’s Right: Health Equity
August 4th, 2020 | noon to 1:30pm
939 Ridge Lake Boulevard, Memphis, TN 38120
Tickets $35 | Table (of 8) $260
Secure your tickets today - Celebrate What's Right luncheons always sell out.
Get your tickets here!
This event is sponsored by the First Horizon Foundation and BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.
Please note that we are at a new venue. This luncheon will be held at the Hilton Memphis at 939 Ridge Lake Boulevard Memphis, TN 38120.
New Memphis reserves the right, to use, in any capacity, any photography/video taken at any event sponsored or produced by New Memphis without the express written permission of those included.