Building Community Downtown
As Downtown continues to develop, innovative residents, business leaders, developers, and community advocates are working to shape a livable and lovable neighborhood for everyone. Downtown is our community’s living room, full of public spaces that draw people from every zip code. How do we continue to build a Downtown that is accessible, affordable, and inclusive that uniquely showcases Memphis’ culture and distinctive personality? We’ll share the latest investments across Downtown and discuss challenges and opportunities – from housing and tourism to public parks and building business – for our city’s front porch.
- Paul Young, President/CEO at Downtown Memphis Commission (Keynote Speaker)
- Penelope Huston, Vice President Marketing, Communications & Events at Downtown Memphis Commission (Moderator)
- Carol Coletta, President and CEO at Memphis River Parks Partnership
- Kevin Kane, President and CEO at Memphis Tourism
- Rory Thomas, President at Memphis Medical District Collaborative
- Floyd Tyler, President & Chief Investment Officer at Preserver Partners, LLC & Preserver Fund
Lunch will be served during the panel discussion. Masks are optional for this event. We will continue to monitor the state of COVID-19 cases in our community, and may adjust protocols based on community preference, CDC guidelines, or at the discretion of New Memphis or Hilton Memphis.
Thank you to our generous sponsors: BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Bass, Berry & Sims, and Duncan Williams Asset Management.