We're all still craving some authentic connection and conversation. Join New Memphis throughout the year at our Teachers' Lounge events. Teachers' Lounge is a casual and safe space to join other preK-12 teachers from around the city to discuss pressing topics in today's education landscape and grow together. Learn more about these events here.
Register for any or all of the dates--each conversation will be unique!
- February 7: Teacher Influencers: The Role of Social Media with guest host David Jamison, II AKA "The Dope Educator"
- May 2: Teacher Appreciation Week
RSVP for Teachers' Lounge here.
Have a topic in mind and would like to host one of our conversations? Email Erin.
New Memphis reserves the right, to use, in any capacity, any photography/video taken at any event sponsored or produced by New Memphis without the express written permission of those included.
Previous topics include:
- Superintendent Search with guest host Venita Doggett, Director of Advocacy for Memphis Education Fund
- Surviving, Not Thriving
- What is a 21st Century, Balanced School Calendar with special guests from Memphis Education Fund
- Censoring Civic Education with guest host Daniel Warner, 2019 New Memphis Educator of Excellence and 2020 West Tennessee Teacher of the Year
- Teacher Appreciation Week with Chalkbeat