Stride for Teachers
You’re a new teacher. Does any of this sound familiar?
- I struggle, working in seclusion
- I have difficulty communicating effectively with my leaders
- I am experiencing burnout and a lack of work life balance
New Memphis is tackling these challenges and others faced by early-career educators.
Once a month throughout the school year, New Memphis will host opportunities for early-career teachers to collaborate and connect with a network of peers from across the city’s districts.
- Reflect on and develop personal leadership skills
- Participate in activities to strengthen effective communication with key stakeholders
- Build capacity to navigate and persist through the demanding environment in education
Network for Support
- Access local culture and entertainment for deeper connection to the city's vibrancy
- Connect and build satisfying social circles within a supportive community
- Engage socially to help build a healthy work life balance